If you were injured in a vehicle accident, whether it was in an automobile accident, motorcycle accident, bus accident, train accident, aviation accident or bicycle accident, you are entitled to compensation for all of the harm you suffered. Brock & Gonzales, LLP represents victims injured in types of vehicle accidents caused by the negligence of others. 

WHAT ARE YOU ENTITLED TO RECOVER in a vehicle accident case?

  • All of your medical expenses, even if your health insurance paid for your medical treatment
  • Monetary compensation for your past and future physical pain, mental suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, physical impairment, inconvenience, grief, anxiety, humiliation, and emotional distress
  • All of your lost wages if you missed any time from work or your injuries affected your ability to earn money into the future
  • Your husband or wife may also be able to recover for the loss of your love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, society, moral support and sexual relations

WHAT if you were injured in a hit-and-run accident or the other party has little or no insurance?

If you were injured in a hit-and-run accident or if the other party has little or no insurance, you may have an uninsured or underinsured motorist claim

WHAT is an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim?

Most people think that if you are injured in an accident that the adverse driver's insurance company will pay you for all of the medical costs and lost wages you suffered. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case. Most of the time, you will only recover the amount of insurance the other driver happened to have purchased. Since California only requires drivers to purchase $15,000 of liability insurance, oftentimes many individuals are left with a very limited amount of money to recover. Frequently, this amount does not even come close to compensate them for all they have lost.

In California, drivers can purchase uninsured and under-insured motorist insurance from their automobile insurance company. This insurance coverage steps in to pay you the difference between what you received from the other drivers insurance company and what you would have been entitled to recover had the other driver had more insurance. An "uninsured motorist claim" is a claim against your insurance company if the accident was a hit-and-run  or if the other party had no insurance. An "underinsured motorist claim" is a claim where the adverse driver has insurance but is underinsured for your injuries. Both claims are against your own insurance company to make you whole for all of the damages you suffered.

important things to know about an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim?

  • You can only make a claim if you were not at fault for the accident.
  • You do not have to be driving a vehicle to make a claim. You will be covered by your insurance if you were injured by a vehicle while you were walking or riding a bike. You just have to be physically touched by other vehicle.
  • You must file a police report if you cannot locate the adverse driver.
  • Typically, a claim must be filed with your insurance company within two years.


If you or a loved one has been injured in a vehicle accident, contact us to set up a free consultation.

Name *
Phone *